I paint in oils on canvas, linen or board. Colour is the dominant driver in all my works, creating vibrant still life and rich tonal landscapes.
Following a Diploma in Art and Design I joined the Wimbledon Art Studios and shows my work in London and Cornwall. I work daily from my studio in southwest London.
My paintings, created using oil paint, are inspired initially by colours I observe in the landscape and things around me. Although my work is mostly representational, I allow the mark-making and textures created as I layer the paint, to inform the image. My focus is the sense of place, or essence of the object rather than a strict representation of it.
Current and upcoming events 2019
- Wimbledon Art Fairs 9-12th May and mid November
- Landmark Arts Fair, Teddington – October 20-21st
- Wimbledon Art Fair – November 15-18th
- ‘Roadside’ shortlisted for the Visual Art Open 2018
- Wimbledon Art Studios, November and May Open Studios 2015, 2016, 2017,2018
- Surrey Contemporary Art Fair – 2018
- Landmark Arts Fair, Teddington – 2017
- New Artist Fair – Old Truman Brewery 2017
- 4 pieces shortlisted for the Visual Art Open 2017
- ‘Storm’ shortlisted for the National Open Art prize 2016 & included in the selected works exhibition
- Artist in Residence at The Maris Practice, Twickenham, November 2015-2017
- ‘Seven Show’ Studio 106, Fulham 2013