Jonquil paints in oils on canvas, linen or board. Colour is the dominant driver in all her works, creating vibrant still life and rich tonal landscapes.
Following a Diploma in Art and Design she joined the Wimbledon Art Studios and shows her work in London and Cornwall. She works daily from her studio in southwest London.
‘My paintings, created using oil paint, are inspired initially by colours I observe in the landscape and things around me. Although my work is mostly representational, I allow the mark-making and textures created as I layer the paint, to inform the image. My focus is the sense of place, or essence of the object rather than a strict representation of it.’
Current and upcoming events 2018:
- Landmark Arts Fair, Teddington – October 20-21st
- Wimbledon Art Fair – November 15-18th
- ‘Roadside’ shortlisted for the Visual Art Open 2018
- Wimbledon Art Studios, November and May Open Studios 2015, 2016, 2017,2018
- Surrey Contemporary Art Fair – 2018
- Landmark Arts Fair, Teddington – 2017
- New Artist Fair – Old Truman Brewery 2017
- 4 pieces shortlisted for the Visual Art Open 2017
- ‘Storm’ shortlisted for the National Open Art prize 2016 & included in the selected works exhibition
- Artist in Residence at The Maris Practice, Twickenham, November 2015-2017
- ‘Seven Show’ Studio 106, Fulham 2013